• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child rights before custody court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hflyr51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I live in Colorado. My girlfriend has a 6 month old daughter..just recently she allowed the babys daddy to take her for one afternoon. And the whole time she couldn't not come in contact with him, she tried calling him, texting..he would not reply until it was time for her to pick her daughter up. When she went to his house to pick her up, she found he wasn't there with her. so she finally got in touch with him, and he had left the house with out telling her anything. When she went to his bosses house she found her daughters clothes soaking wet from drool, and from wet diapers..however, there were fresh changes of clothes in the diaper bag. I'm asking on her behalf because I just want to help her out..I'm not trying to take place of the babys daddy, but so far he hasn't paid any child support, or helped his baby out in anyway..

The main question she has is. before custody papers and the court has been done. Is she at any right to keep her baby away from him until the courts decide the custody schedule. Or can she get a restraining order against him. he has threated to take her and not bring her back, and now he wants to take her 3 hours away from her home to Denver for a weekend. My girlfriend, just fears that he will not take care of her, and she is afraid she won't get her back...any help would be appreciated

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I live in Colorado. My girlfriend has a 6 month old daughter..just recently she allowed the babys daddy to take her for one afternoon. And the whole time she couldn't not come in contact with him, she tried calling him, texting..he would not reply until it was time for her to pick her daughter up. When she went to his house to pick her up, she found he wasn't there with her. so she finally got in touch with him, and he had left the house with out telling her anything. When she went to his bosses house she found her daughters clothes soaking wet from drool, and from wet diapers..however, there were fresh changes of clothes in the diaper bag. I'm asking on her behalf because I just want to help her out..I'm not trying to take place of the babys daddy, but so far he hasn't paid any child support, or helped his baby out in anyway..

The main question she has is. before custody papers and the court has been done. Is she at any right to keep her baby away from him until the courts decide the custody schedule. Or can she get a restraining order against him. he has threated to take her and not bring her back, and now he wants to take her 3 hours away from her home to Denver for a weekend. My girlfriend, just fears that he will not take care of her, and she is afraid she won't get her back...any help would be appreciated
No, she doesn't have to allow him to take the baby anywhere without court orders...and probably shouldn't if he has threatened to take the baby and not bring her back. However, as the other poster said, she really needs to come here herself, because there are potential consequences to allowing no contact between the baby and her father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">