• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Sex Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JulieLynn72

What is the name of your state? Oregon
My neice just recently told her mother that her father molested her. She is now 16 and this happened when she was 8. Her mother refuses to believe her and pretty much brainwashed her not to go to the police with this. So my neice is now telling me she wont turn him in but i'm worried because there is 3 other children in the home a boy 13 a boy 12 and a girl 5. Can you give me advice on what I can or cannot do to get this scum bag put behind bars and get those kids some help. I feel powerless and very angry against my sister and her husband!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! My sister has been told that if she dont turn this in she could get in trouble as well and her reply is that if she didnt see it with her own eyes then she dont believe it . I know in my heart she knows its true because she wont leave the youngest home with him anymore. I dont know what I can do but I need to do something. If I call the police and my neice wont tell them it happened then i'm powerless once again right?:mad:

D

DesperateMom21

Call the police!!!Tell them what your niece told you,they will investigate the accusation,if there is even a remote possibility that it is still happening they will remove the children from the home.Your niece should not be afraid to tell the truth.Your sister is insane!!!She needs mental help seriously!!!I went through something similar as a child,except my "Grandfather" was my attacker.Something like that stays with you for years to come,I still have nightmares about it and my experience happened nearly 17 years ago,I was alot younger then your neice was when I was attacked,so when I finally came out with the truth no one believed me.Doubt is what makes children keep those kinds of secrets.I didn't say anything because I was terrified that no one would believe me,like your neice I held that secret in until I was 16.My worst fears were confirmed when I finally had the courage to speak out.Now I don't trust anyone,not even the people closest to me.Do whatever it takes to protect your neice!!!:mad: Good Luck and God Bless

C

CombatTN88

Your niece wasted many years to wait on to call the police. The crime was commited when she was eigth years old. It would be very difficult to convict her father on these charges because of many missing years between this and that.

For me, I hope that her father will do a time because it is sick for children to go through

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">