• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child shoe with industrial sewing needle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phpnuke23

MN

One of my daughter's shoes from a major child clothing manufacturer had an industrial sewing needle protruding near the tongue, postioned towards the child's foot. It didn't cause noticeable, lasting damage but for a 2 year old an acceptable situation, she would get scratched up pretty bad until we noticed it.

Is there a suit here?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
MN

One of my daughter's shoes from a major child clothing manufacturer had an industrial sewing needle protruding near the tongue, postioned towards the child's foot. It didn't cause noticeable, lasting damage but for a 2 year old an acceptable situation, she would get scratched up pretty bad until we noticed it.

Is there a suit here?
If all she got was some scratches for which no medical attention was needed then this would not be worthwhile lawsuit to bring because you would nothing from it. All you get in a lawsuit is compensation for the harm suffered. Without any medical bills or serious injury/disability from it, there are no damages suffered that your child needs compensated. You cannot win anything for harm that MIGHT have been suffered. Make the manufacturer/seller aware of it. They might be willing to at least replace the shoes.

quincy

MN

Is there a suit here?
I agree with Taxing that you do not appear to have any legal action to pursue, based on what you have said here.

I do think you should make the store and manufacturer aware of the sewing needle you discovered in your child's shoe. Although your experience is likely an isolated one (mistakes happen), both manufacturers and stores appreciate being made aware of problems in the products they make and sell.

You should receive a response to any letter you send.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">