• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support and visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelbrite

my boyfriend's ex refuses to give any information on her income. when they separated she was not working so he was paying for everything, including support,all medical, all deductables and 75% of daycare. the court facilitator program for new york was never used and the medical he pays never considered. she, of course, does not want this to change and refuses to share information with him on her income. he is seeking a new lawyer because his current one said to just pay her the extra money and forget about it. she also insists that he is to giver her his w2 information every year and pay her more supoort, even if he only make $700 more in a year than the last year.
i had contacted one other web site who said that fathers have 54 rights, including weekly phone calls, ect., but they refused to tell me about these rights unless i paid them $400.00. Any help you can offer?

LegalBeagle

angelbrite said:
my boyfriend's ex refuses to give any information on her income. when they separated she was not working so he was paying for everything, including support,all medical, all deductables and 75% of daycare. the court facilitator program for new york was never used and the medical he pays never considered. she, of course, does not want this to change and refuses to share information with him on her income. he is seeking a new lawyer because his current one said to just pay her the extra money and forget about it. she also insists that he is to giver her his w2 information every year and pay her more supoort, even if he only make $700 more in a year than the last year.
i had contacted one other web site who said that fathers have 54 rights, including weekly phone calls, ect., but they refused to tell me about these rights unless i paid them $400.00. Any help you can offer?
You need a new attorney. Shop around and get the free consultation from several before you decide to retain one. If she is not working, then he should not be paying 75% of daycare. Also, medical payments should be considered.

Dump any attorney who says 'pay her the extra anyway'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">