• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support as well as spousal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momtofive

My name is Jeanie from California. I have a questions my husband left the home last fall. He lied to DCSS stating he quit his self employment business and only did his W-2 job so his child support was lower. I have set a hearing for various items to include modify child support to include all income, spousal support and we each pay half of minor kids add-ons/extra expenses (senior ball, graduation expenses, sport activities etc) I have requested discovery but he has refused to answer. I am thinking I need to subpoena bank records and his income from the self employment business but am unsure what form to use and language etc. Also what should I bring to the hearing to prove his income during separation. I believe since I served him with the paperwork he is now again changing jobs, canceling jobs with self employment business so at hearing his income will be lower.

LdiJ

My name is Jeanie from California. I have a questions my husband left the home last fall. He lied to DCSS stating he quit his self employment business and only did his W-2 job so his child support was lower. I have set a hearing for various items to include modify child support to include all income, spousal support and we each pay half of minor kids add-ons/extra expenses (senior ball, graduation expenses, sport activities etc) I have requested discovery but he has refused to answer. I am thinking I need to subpoena bank records and his income from the self employment business but am unsure what form to use and language etc. Also what should I bring to the hearing to prove his income during separation. I believe since I served him with the paperwork he is now again changing jobs, canceling jobs with self employment business so at hearing his income will be lower.
If you want any hope of getting things done right, you really need an attorney. Also, you would likely get guideline child support and alimony if you have been married more than 10 years, but do not count on getting the children's extra expenses.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If you filed joint tax returns, you can use some of the information on those... at least to establish what he historically has made, and therefore at least have some basis for saying he is intentionally underemployed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">