• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/ child care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

State: Oregon
My husband pays child support and part of the child care and it all goes through the state. His former spouse had him redetermined and submitted a bill for the child care that is not the correct amount. If fact it was a bill on a month that there were other one time fees. So, as a result the amount my husband pays for child care is incorrect. Also she works at the daycare the children attend and does not always have them in daycare but is still getting the money from the state for the cost of daycare. When the children are not in daycare they are either with her (during her vacation) or spending time with a relative. I want to know is there anything my husband can do ie. get a credit for the money that is taken out of his check for the daycare cost that the children are not attending or being over charged. I honestly see this as a form of stealing. I just don't think it is right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential