• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support / CSE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

I finally worked up the nerve to officially file for child support thru CSE, I decided to let the baby's dad not intimidate me, we were never married but when I suggested we legally establish support because I was begging every month and only getting peanuts.

Now I turned in the paperwork a week ago, I know where the dad lives and works. How long before we move to the next part, the CSE lady told me to keep calling to monitor progress........

Anyone out there have any idea how fast this is in Cobb, GA

L

lcollins

When I filed, they processed the paperwork, sent him some information and forms for him to fill out for his expenses and such. I don't know how it will work for you considering you were not married. Has paternity been established yet? If not, they will have to do that and get the results back. Then CSE will set an amount of support within the GA guidelines for the number of children (for 1 child it's 17-23%). The will also send paperwork to his work also, I believe, to establish his pay rate and hours and such. It took about a month for mine because there was some confusion regarding mine and ex-wife #1's payment amount and such. I would do like they said. Get the name of your case worker, and call every so often to see what develops. I would keep a log of phone calls, when you called, who you spoke with, what information you got, and follow up action needed. That way you have all the information needed. When I first had mine set up, I got three different names of caseworker's that were supposed to be mine, so I'm glad I had made notes. It can be confusing at first. Best of luck!

thanks, as far as paternity is concerned he has never disputed it and I am waiting to see if he dares dispute it.

I know though because of his ego he will try to BULLY me, already he told me that he would tell them about the way he helped me purchase my car and some few gifts he gave but after research I found out this does not mean that he is not supposed to fairly support his baby monthly.

I will keep in touch with the CSE office but I hope they make some progress soon.

I know there is a battle coming but we owe it to the children that they are supported by their dads. I am working fulltime but still can not do all by myself.

L

lcollins

It deosn't matter what he's given you ( as far as "gifts"), or what he's helped you accomplish, they will not take that into consideration. Like I said, if he denies paternity, they will have him take a paternity test. (I believe, if he's found to be the father, he will also have to pay reimbursement for it.) Then they will set up a fair amount of support - like I said in GA it's anywhere from 17-23% of his gross income for one child. All payments will come from his employer to CSE who then process it to you. They have a toll free and local number where you can call an automated line to check on payment status.

Grace_Adler

I just thought I'd share with you how long it took for my husband's ex to get support established. It was 8 months from date of filing before it went to court.

B

bray98

I filed in Warner Robins Ga and I started the paperwork in Oct, got the paternity test results in May, and then CS was enforced staring November so about 11 months all together, then the CS started coming in Jan, but in my situation he lived out of state, so that may be why it took so long!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">