• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmm369

My friend in Massachusetts has been seperated from his wife for close to 2 years and the divorce was recently finalized. He pays her child support but they both make the same amount of money and he has his son more than she does. Just recently she went a full week without seeing her son and doesn't seem to care!! My friend can't afford to live on his, he lives with his parents, and he drives an old car that a relative gave him. He is just getting by. Meanwhile she just bought a new condo and a new car!! What can he do?? Can he go back to court to get the child support over turned??? By the way he has been keeping a journal of everything relating to this for the past 1 1/2 years, will this help him??

S

stndbyu

Absolutely! I sure hope you get this reply. I am not a lawyer however, I have had enough personal experiences in the courtroom I could probably be a lawyer! lol. Depending on your states laws on this issue you could very well us his journal as proof. My attorney actually told me to keep a calendar for one year and keep track of all the 24 hour periods that my step son spent with us. At the end of the year, we had him over 50% of the year and our child support was decreased dramatically! Our journal was entered into court records and we WON! Hopefully, your state will be the same way. GOOD LUCK!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">