• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Enforcement - Texas AG

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new here and wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice on Support? My husband got Sole Legal and Physical Custody of his two little girls in November of 2007. The mother was said to be employed after her children were removed by the State of Kentucky. For whatever reason, our attorney in the case did not pursue Child Support on the day of the Termination of Parental Rights (December 18, 2007). We have recently filed a case with the Texas Attorney General's Office requesting Child Support for the two girls. Has anyone on here ever dealt with the State of Texas and Child Support Enforcement? I have one biological child with my husband and that is it so I have never done this before in my life! :)

One issue that I have told the AG's office about is the fact that the mother will more than likely quit her job as soon as she receives a Support Order. She is NOT willing to support her children and has not sent one dime to help care for her kids since they got here. My husband paid support to her for 3.5 yrs prior to her losing her children. She blew the money on herself and didn't even feed these kids!!! She didn't even call or send anything for Christmas which was a little over a month after they came here. She had Court Ordered Telephonic Visitation with them that we offered and had put through court but she failed to exercise it. As a result of this action, we had it dropped in court and then the NCO(No Contact Order) that she currently has was put into place by the Judge. I am wondering what the chances are of her actually being made to support her children will be?

Does anyone know how vigorously the State of Texas AG works to collect and disburse support payments? Thanks in advance and I apologize for the length!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hi I am new here and wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice on Support? My husband got Sole Legal and Physical Custody of his two little girls in November of 2007. The mother was said to be employed after her children were removed by the State of Kentucky. For whatever reason, our attorney in the case did not pursue Child Support on the day of the Termination of Parental Rights (December 18, 2007). We have recently filed a case with the Texas Attorney General's Office requesting Child Support for the two girls. Has anyone on here ever dealt with the State of Texas and Child Support Enforcement? I have one biological child with my husband and that is it so I have never done this before in my life! :)

One issue that I have told the AG's office about is the fact that the mother will more than likely quit her job as soon as she receives a Support Order. She is NOT willing to support her children and has not sent one dime to help care for her kids since they got here. My husband paid support to her for 3.5 yrs prior to her losing her children. She blew the money on herself and didn't even feed these kids!!! She didn't even call or send anything for Christmas which was a little over a month after they came here. She had Court Ordered Telephonic Visitation with them that we offered and had put through court but she failed to exercise it. As a result of this action, we had it dropped in court and then the NCO(No Contact Order) that she currently has was put into place by the Judge. I am wondering what the chances are of her actually being made to support her children will be?

Does anyone know how vigorously the State of Texas AG works to collect and disburse support payments? Thanks in advance and I apologize for the length!
If they terminated her rights, then she is no longer financially responsible for the children.

Thanks

As we were told by our attorney, they only terminated her rights to visitation based upon danger to the children but that she would remain responsible for financially supporting her children. The only issue was is that my husband had to petition the court for that support. Now, the mother lives in Kentucky but we and the children reside in Texas permanently so that is why we went through Texas to gain that support. The State of Kentucky referred us to the OAG here for that support order and said that due to the Interstate Child Support Act, the State of Kentucky would have to work with Texas in order to get the order and to release Jurisdiction to the State of Texas for that support. I have no idea how it all works and I thought the same thing you do in the beginning but when we were told that she would have to provide for her children we were shocked! I realize that the youngest child who is in Foster Care will not receive support from her because she absolutely has no rights whatsoever to that child and there is no known father to fight her for the child but the two here are being supported by their Bio father and she has an obligation to provide for them. Who knows how it will work out in the end? Either way, we have been taking great care of them for the past 5 months just fine but it would be nice for their mother to care enough about them to help out. There may come a time when they will need extras and we may not have the money for it and that is where the other parent should come in and their financial support would help!

fairisfair

As we were told by our attorney, they only terminated her rights to visitation based upon danger to the children but that she would remain responsible for financially supporting her children. The only issue was is that my husband had to petition the court for that support. Now, the mother lives in Kentucky but we and the children reside in Texas permanently so that is why we went through Texas to gain that support. The State of Kentucky referred us to the OAG here for that support order and said that due to the Interstate Child Support Act, the State of Kentucky would have to work with Texas in order to get the order and to release Jurisdiction to the State of Texas for that support. I have no idea how it all works and I thought the same thing you do in the beginning but when we were told that she would have to provide for her children we were shocked! I realize that the youngest child who is in Foster Care will not receive support from her because she absolutely has no rights whatsoever to that child and there is no known father to fight her for the child but the two here are being supported by their Bio father and she has an obligation to provide for them. Who knows how it will work out in the end? Either way, we have been taking great care of them for the past 5 months just fine but it would be nice for their mother to care enough about them to help out. There may come a time when they will need extras and we may not have the money for it and that is where the other parent should come in and their financial support would help!
how odd. on another thread you claim that your husband is the one paying child support and that he had problems having to pay to both kentucky and texas.

you need to make up your mind.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=404514

Correction

On another thread I posted a LONG time ago apparently, yes my husband WAS IN FACT paying support in both Kentucky and New York at that time. He was paying support to the mother of the two children that this new thread is in reference to. They lived with their Bio mom at that time and now live with us! Check the dates on the threads before you post a reply to someone about an old thread please!

Situations change and so does custody in some cases and people return to these forums for advice later for different situations! My husband did have a hard time paying support to both mothers and that was his problem to deal with in my opinion, he made the kids, he paid his support regardless how hard it got! He was not a deadbeat that did not support his kids if that is what you are leaning toward here!

LOL...wow you have some deep rooted anger issues don't you? My husband is in fact a responsible father, husband and man in general who does not need to be fixed at all. He is the ONLY one who has taken care of his kids as far as their biological mother goes. I can honestly say that for being a Senior Member you sure do seem to be quite ignorant in your lack of judgment prior to making statements to people you honestly know nothing about!

Stating that someone is a "bad mother" when you my dear do not know me is absolutely ignorant and shows just how much knowledge you lack and how immature you really must be. How about you do this: how about you live in everyone else's shoes FIRST and then make all of the comments you like after that? That is totally humorous to me that you are supposedly a "Senior Member" of a "family law" forum but you are so futile-minded that you make the most ignorant comments to people who are on here to ask questions of other people with REAL circumstances. You must be truly bored huh/ I bet you are...let me guess....a single mom whose ex left her for another woman and you get support which has been lowered by the ex to fit his needs AND he must be remarried to a lovely woman who helps in raising your kids when they go to visit daddy and you hate ALL step moms? Am I right? Ha Ha I bet I am pretty darn close if not right on target! Get a life and stop posting negative statements on other people's threads if you have no knowledge of what is really going on...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
LOL...wow you have some deep rooted anger issues don't you?
Nope. Not at all.

My husband is in fact a responsible father, husband and man in general who does not need to be fixed at all.
Really? Then he already is fixed and is no longer broken.

He is the ONLY one who has taken care of his kids as far as their biological mother goes. I can honestly say that for being a Senior Member you sure do seem to be quite ignorant in your lack of judgment prior to making statements to people you honestly know nothing about!
Nope. I base my statements on what you post here. And you were going on and on about bad mothering being the reason why children are neglected. Which shows YOUR ignorance.

Stating that someone is a "bad mother" when you my dear do not know me is absolutely ignorant and shows just how much knowledge you lack and how immature you really must be.
Blah blah blah.
How about you do this: how about you live in everyone else's shoes FIRST and then make all of the comments you like after that?
Nope. Don't have to.

That is totally humorous to me that you are supposedly a "Senior Member" of a "family law" forum but you are so futile-minded that you make the most ignorant comments to people who are on here to ask questions of other people with REAL circumstances.
Come back when YOU get your law degree and pass the bar. We'll trade notes.

You must be truly bored huh/ I bet you are
You'd lose that bet.

...let me guess....a single mom
Wrong.

whose ex left her for another woman
Wrong.

and you get support which has been lowered by the ex to fit his needs

Wrong again.
AND he must be remarried to a lovely woman who helps in raising your kids when they go to visit daddy
Wrong.

and you hate ALL step moms?
Wrong wrong wrong wrong.
Am I right? Ha Ha I bet I am pretty darn close if not right on target!
Not ONE thing you said was right. CONGRATS.

Get a life and stop posting negative statements on other people's threads if you have no knowledge of what is really going on...

I can post whatever I want whereever I so desire. This is a public forum and you are not the forum moderator. I know. It bothers you that you cannot control the world. What a pity.

LOL...I do not need to explain my personal situation to ANYONE on here because, as one put it, it is indeed a public forum that I can post whatever I want to post on as long as I am courteous to other people. I in fact have been very courteous to everyone on here and only posted my personal feelings which is the intended purpose of this forum!

My husband was never "broken" to begin with as yours more than likely is! Ha Ha

As far as the Support Application goes, I am the one who signed my husband's name as he is at work from 6am- 6pm and has not had time to do so. I am a VERY involved MOTHER of three who does in fact take care of my husband's business when it calls for me to. He loves the fact that he is with a very intelligent woman who goes out of her way to help him and takes care of his kids! I bet your husband wished he had that too huh sweetie?

I do not need a "law degree" to see how this system works nor do I need a "law degree" to see that there are extremely ignorant people in this world such as yourself. Do you want to know how to end this argument for yourself? Simply don't type a response to my posts or threads...it's that simple honey but apparently you ARE IN FACT THAT BORED that you cannot resist it! Grow up...I know I have!

LOL...I do not need to explain my personal situation to ANYONE on here because, as one put it, it is indeed a public forum that I can post whatever I want to post on as long as I am courteous to other people. I in fact have been very courteous to everyone on here and only posted my personal feelings which is the intended purpose of this forum!

My husband was never "broken" to begin with as yours more than likely is! Ha Ha

As far as the Support Application goes, I am the one who signed my husband's name as he is at work from 6am- 6pm and has not had time to do so. I am a VERY involved MOTHER of three who does in fact take care of my husband's business when it calls for me to. He loves the fact that he is with a very intelligent woman who goes out of her way to help him and takes care of his kids! I bet your husband wished he had that too huh sweetie?

I do not need a "law degree" to see how this system works nor do I need a "law degree" to see that there are extremely ignorant people in this world such as yourself. Do you want to know how to end this argument for yourself? Simply don't type a response to my posts or threads...it's that simple honey but apparently you ARE IN FACT THAT BORED that you cannot resist it! Grow up...I know I have!

For Zigner...I did sign the name on the line on the app for support. It's funny what all a NEW WIFE can do these days isn't it? My husband also signed a release for the OAG to speak to me and to conduct all business with me regarding his child support case and children. Check the forms page on the OAG's website and then let me know if you find that one!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
For Zigner...I did sign the name on the line on the app for support. It's funny what all a NEW WIFE can do these days isn't it? My husband also signed a release for the OAG to speak to me and to conduct all business with me regarding his child support case and children. Check the forms page on the OAG's website and then let me know if you find that one!

You do know you broke the law when you did that, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">