• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whitewingeddove

Hi i was wondering about my child support, I was born in Miami Florida and my sister and i have been receiving child support since our parent's divorce, when we were infants. My father has decided he no longer has to pay support, i am 21 and my sister is 23, we have been living in Quebec, Canada most of our lives. What is the rule in this case? My sister is in college and i have done some college as well.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Child support ends when the court order says it ends. For most states in the US, that would be when the child attains the age of majority (18-21 years old). This is assuming, of course, that your parents were divorced in the US, since this site deals with US law only.

Just Blue

Hi i was wondering about my child support, I was born in Miami Florida and my sister and i have been receiving child support since our parent's divorce, when we were infants. My father has decided he no longer has to pay support, i am 21 and my sister is 23, we have been living in Quebec, Canada most of our lives. What is the rule in this case? My sister is in college and i have done some college as well.
It's not your child support. That money goes to the parent/guardian to reimburse a portion of your (you and your sibling) living expenses...ie...housing, clothing, food, medical, dental, school expenses...etc. Child support ends in a Florida Support Order at 18 unless otherwise ordered by the court.

So you and Sis are adults and should be supporting yourselves with job. Yes...even if you are in college you need to support yourself. Hopefully I answered your questions to your satisfaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">