• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support for another year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randen5862

maryland ---my child support order has ended upon child turning 18-and arrears are paid off. however, since my son failed 12th.grade and choses to repeat entire year as opposed to summer school, ex- wants c,s, extended for another year. i live in north carolina now, wouldnt she have to petition n.c. courts now or can maryland reopen a closed case. any help is appreciated,

LdiJ

randen5862 said:
maryland ---my child support order has ended upon child turning 18-and arrears are paid off. however, since my son failed 12th.grade and choses to repeat entire year as opposed to summer school, ex- wants c,s, extended for another year. i live in north carolina now, wouldnt she have to petition n.c. courts now or can maryland reopen a closed case. any help is appreciated,
Well...in the first place you can't repeat an entire year of high school in one summer school session...

Child support generally does continue until a child graduates from high school...even if they did have to repeat one year of school. Therefore the case probably can be reopened.

randen5862

the child needs 2 credits only to graduate and it is rare for a child to repeat entire 12th. grade due to ged and summerschool being available. therefore he needed special approval by the md. board of education. in order to repeat senior season.

brisgirl825

randen5862 said:
the child needs 2 credits only to graduate and it is rare for a child to repeat entire 12th. grade due to ged and summerschool being available. therefore he needed special approval by the md. board of education. in order to repeat senior season.
I hope that you are not suggesting that a GED is just as good as a diploma b/c it's not. And the classes he failed may not be a part of the summer school program. Most schools only offer the basics, like math, english, etc.

You need to find what he failed and the availability of those classes in his school's summer program.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">