• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support From Two Mothers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Indiana

My boyfriend has custody of both his children from two different women. Mom #1 is supposed to pay 25 a week and only does it when she feel's like it. Mom #2 is supposed to pay 59 a week and has paid 40 bucks in two years. He has not taken mom #1 to court yet though there is a court date scheduled. Mom #2 has gone to court on it twice, and still does not pay. She is on house arresst and I believe the person in charge of her is supposed to handle everything. She is in contempt of court I do know. Is there any other way that he can go about this?

nextwife

Why so little? Let me guess! They are busy procreating with subsequent guys and don't do anything to further their employability.

Are they also ordered to pay medical copays (at least 50%) and half the cost of medical insurance? Child care 50%?

Do these moms have any assets that could be seized or leined?

TinkerBelleLuvr

For the one on house arrest, it may be a violation of her parole/probation/whatever to NOT follow a court order. She could be ordered back to prison if she doesn't pay up.

Hah! She -never- went to prison. She almost killed the little girl... and they put her on house arrest. I'm note judging or anything but I think the system stinks. If that had been a man he would have been in prison almost for sure. I called the person in charge of her.. well his boss (i heard she's sleeping with the actual house arrest person).. and let him know everything she's done.. including child support. Anyways, dad got it lowered for Mom 1 because she didn't make that much. Nice on his part. Well, she still was supposed to pay the 25 weekly and hasn't. I will give her that she has helped with her birthday party and has given him money at least 5 times this hear at 40 a pop.. but that's still not what she's supposed to pay. She has another daughter and won't take her father to court for child support says that she doesn't want the drama.. so she says that she won't pay it if they tell her to pay more than that, she said they can just put her in jail...

LdiJ

Hah! She -never- went to prison. She almost killed the little girl... and they put her on house arrest. I'm note judging or anything but I think the system stinks. If that had been a man he would have been in prison almost for sure. I called the person in charge of her.. well his boss (i heard she's sleeping with the actual house arrest person).. and let him know everything she's done.. including child support. Anyways, dad got it lowered for Mom 1 because she didn't make that much. Nice on his part. Well, she still was supposed to pay the 25 weekly and hasn't. I will give her that she has helped with her birthday party and has given him money at least 5 times this hear at 40 a pop.. but that's still not what she's supposed to pay. She has another daughter and won't take her father to court for child support says that she doesn't want the drama.. so she says that she won't pay it if they tell her to pay more than that, she said they can just put her in jail...
I can tell you that the mom on house arrest probably flat out doesn't have the money to pay it. In Indiana the house arrest fees are huge, and for someone making minimum wage (for example) the house arrest fees take over 1/2 of their net income.

Yes, its a violation for her not to pay her child support...however, her caseworker is unlikely to violate her over that simply because the caseworker knows its impossible. I know some people whose son was on house arrest for a while, and his entire pay covered only his house arrest fees and about half of his child support. They supported him and paid the rest of his CS.

barbiedoll_45

Indiana is notorious for not following thru. That is unless you are the one doing the right thing. I lived there 9 yrs. I got out! The only thing to do is to remain persistent. My ex never paid for six years and he had a business not to mention he lived down the street from the Courthouse. But when I moved to another state and I have sole custody they tried to slam me and reduced my support to 50.00 and this man makes 2000.00 per week. I didn;t work at all!! Stay on top of the system in Indiana, write to your Congressional leaders, make yourself heard!!!

I'd personally rather say forget the money, we don't need the likes of Mom #2 in this boy's life. If she cared she'd have seen him by now, but my boyfriend insists. She isn't employeed she quit her job after just having another baby... which I've explained about in another post under the visitation forum. Honestly, it's a huge mess that I happened to step into, and I'm the only one who really cares enough it seems to try to keep these kids away from it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">