• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support/Husband filing fraud Medicare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



( State of Florida, Brevard county.)My ex and I have been separated for about 2 1/2 years. I left him due to abuse for 15 years of the marriage, we are filing for divorce in about a month. My question is...we both have agreed to custody being equally shared...alternating weeks and also supporting the children when they are at each others homes...it has been working fine.the children are 17 and 14. my husband suffered a heart attack a few months ago and now collects medicare for himself and due to his sole laziness collects food stamps as well...he has been told by his doctor he can work as he did before...he also lives with his girlfriend who has 2 kids...now i am being told that i have to pay back the state for what he has collected.He is perfectly capable of working and has no need to collect food stamps any longer. Is there a way for me to plead my case against him and have the state investigate him for filing falsely? I do work and pay for my children and their needs without any assistance and find this to be unfair towards me as well as fraudulent to the state.

Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential