• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support if mother refuses to work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



the baby is one month old and the mother does not want to work. she wants me to pay for everything, apartment,health insurance and child support on top of that so she can stay home. we are not and never were married.she needs to get a paying job, i only make 9.50 an hour. how do i go about establishing an amount for child support. i live in florida.please help.asap



i live in wisconsin, so i am not sure if the laws are the same, but i will share with you how i set an amount for child support. I went to my county child support office and filed. what happened was paternity was established, we had blood test but all you need to do is consent that you are the father. after that you can have child support established at a set rate normally they base it on 17% for your current income, or whatever you and your childs mother can agree on. other things can be added in to the court order such as visitation, medical costs etc. just a suggestion from a mom who supports her child on her own. one of the ways you can go about it, TWO parents should support! i commend you for taking an active role in your childs life, good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential