• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support in Missouri but cannot see child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcr229

Okay, thank you. Some more information (if this helps or hurts IDK) she just got engaged in the past week and is planning to move to California here in the next few months and get married.
You need to file for visitation immediately. Start calling attorneys tomorrow. Then if/when your ex does decide to move across the country she will need to inform the court that she is moving the child, and the two of you will need to work out a long-distance parenting and visitation plan. Since she would be creating more distance between you and your child, you can also request that she pay for any travel costs.

vinnybee

You guys do understand that we are in 2019? Video chat is still going strong.. I think it would be nice to be able to at least see her on a video chat. I'm sure she would want to see her daddy as well. By the way, I did raise her for about the first year of her life.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Since she would be creating more distance between you and your child, you can also request that she pay for any travel costs.
Depending on where in MO & TN they each live, they may well already need an LD schedule. And OP should be aware that Mom may not be ordered to pay any portion of travel expenses, although the request should be made.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You guys do understand that we are in 2019? Video chat is still going strong.. I think it would be nice to be able to at least see her on a video chat. I'm sure she would want to see her daddy as well. By the way, I did raise her for about the first year of her life.
Then why haven't you gone and used the search engine of your choice (none of which were available in the 1980's), and found out how to petition for visitation?

The reason you have no parenting time is that you haven't gone to court and petitioned for parenting time. And the longer you dither, the further away Mom seems to be moving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">