• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkchapotle

What is the name of your state? OR

So I just separated from my husband and I'm in the processes of filing for divorce. I was a stay at home mom but recently got a part time job and I'm going to school full time to get a degree in a career I enjoy for long term stability for my son and I. So my question is, is it required to include my student loan money as income for me because my ex is making me put it so that he doesn't have to pay more child support? And does he have to include his overtime he gets even if it's not consistent hours every week? Thanks!

LdiJ

So I just separated from my husband and I'm in the processes of filing for divorce. I was a stay at home mom but recently got a part time job and I'm going to school full time to get a degree in a career I enjoy for long term stability for my son and I. So my question is, is it required to include my student loan money as income for me because my ex is making me put it so that he doesn't have to pay more child support? And does he have to include his overtime he gets even if it's not consistent hours every week? Thanks!
I would certainly argue against student loan money being treated as income since it has to be paid back. Its no different than you using credit card money for living expenses (although the interest rate might be lower). Overtime usually counts as income as well.

Your ex can't make you "put" anything on the divorce paperwork nor can you make him do it either. However, both of you can make your arguments to the judge about what should or shouldn't be counted as income for child support purposes.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Stop taking legal advice from your soon to be ex.

A "loan" is not income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">