• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? ohio, My ex-wife has filed to have my child support increased. I am a 50% disabled veteran, and work a full time job. I was told by my supp officer that she would use the scale to determine the amount (if they do this I will not be able to pay my other bills). The problem that I have is that they want to use my diasbility compensation check as part of the calculation. I was told that my va benifits are not supposed to be used for this, but they say they can do that. also the supp. officer told me that being a disabled veteran has no bearing on the amount I will pay, only the disablitiy compensation Im paid (counted as income). They told me if I was receiving social security disability it would lower my support, but since I am a disabled veteran it counts against me. Can they do this to me?:(:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential