• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Louisiana my ex is a truck driver, when I sued him for child support for my 18 month old daughter he only
hauled enough loads to have his support payment set at $262.50. We also have a 18 yr old son that lives with him that I pay $100.00 a month child support to him. So I only get $162.50 monthly.
About a year ago he bought an 18-wheeler and is making alot more money, I have a signed court order for him to have insurance on her and split medical expenses with me. She is 7 yrs old now and I have'nt seen either. Her step-father has her on his insurance, and pays her medical expenses.
Could it be possible for me to have my child support payments increased? My child support obligation ends in October on our sons 19th birthday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential