• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support modification increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MSmama92

I live in south Mississippi and have full legal custody of our child. My exhusband has been getting a lot more money than when we were first divorced the past two years. He was making around $30,000 a year when we divorced and paid/pays $290 a month for child supportand is now making almost $50,000.

He is court ordered to give me his W2 and tax transcripts at a certain time every year. I have to ask for them every year and he delays it as long as possible. (5-6 months later). He admitted to doing this because he said he didn’t want me to increase child support because he “already pays me too much”.
My question is, will the courts make him back pay once we receive the new amount he will have to pay since he has been avoidance on it or will it just start the new amount with no back pay?

I have had to save up money to take him back to court and when I finally had enough for a retainer, the Covid-19 epidemic hit. My friend says he will have to back pay since he was trying to with hold he paid more but I’m not sure how true that is. Any advice is helpful.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why haven't you gone through the child support agency if he has gotten a raise … you can do that every three years or so... and it costs nothing.

MSmama92

I had NO idea I could do that! Wow! Will definitely attempt to do that. Thank you!

Why haven't you gone through the child support agency if he has gotten a raise … you can do that every three years or so... and it costs nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">