• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support modification-tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amberdtc

What is the name of your state? TX

I am filing a modification of child support for an original order from seven years ago. Obviously the father's income has dramatically increased...but how much exactly I am not sure.

Do I have to file a request for production of documents to get the information about his wages, etc. or will that information be required at the hearing anyway making my discovery unneccessary?

Any help is appreciated.

L

Leona Dennis

i'm not sure for the state of texas. i know in the state of virginia - they request that you provide documents (paystubs etc....) so they can figure out the figure correctly. i hope that helps you.

M

mrshestand

support modification

Well, he is SUPPOSED to bring his last three months pay stubs, last two years tax returns and fill out a financial statement that shows what he makes and what his bills are. If you don't think he will come prepared, you can write a letter to his employer asking for his wage records to be sent to you. Do you have a wage garnishment order on file? He is supposed to file that with every employer until his obligation ends. If you don't, it might be smart to have it put in place after you go back to court again.

Good luck

ktarra617

In Texas you can file the motion for increase and the court will request that his income information be submitted to the court. The
employer WILL NOT release their records to you. They will only release those records to the court.

Your ex may get an attorney who then can get your ex's info and figure the child support increase based on Texas laws.

Good luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">