• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support modification when other parent is a no show in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

One of my children who is now 18 has moved in with me. The other still lives with mom in NC. Child support jurisdiction is in MA. I am filing a support modification based on these new living arrangements. I have reason to suspect that mom will be a no show at the modification hearing. My question is if mom doesn't show and doesn't submit a financial disclosure form, how is the judge likely to handle the modification if we dont know what mom makes?

I think we have come to our own agreement. This agreement hinges in part on her not having to travel to MA from NC for court proceedings. Is there any way I can file our agreement with the court without her being present?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential