• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keepingthepeace

What is the name of your state? CA I am the custodial parent and I am in the process of requesting a support modification for my child from the noncustodial parent. Does the noncustodial parent have to know that I am the one who initiated this modification?

Whyte Noise

If you're filing through the courts for the modification, your ex will get a copy of the filed papers, and will know who initiated the modification.

karma1

question....

why wouldn't you want the NCP to know this? Not only does the NCP have the right to know who filed but will have the right to respond (income and expense declarations, that kind of thing) as well.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
keepingthepeace said:
Does the noncustodial parent have to know that I am the one who initiated this modification?
Who else would want to file for a modification of support? Even if your name wasn't on it - surely he'd work it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">