• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Overpayment - Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have been divorced for 17 years - at the time of my divorce I was to get 30% of his pension (army) and 135 dollars per week for two kids.
I just found out that the money that is consider his pension was per the retired miltary pay - child support - so it might show I owe him over 25,000 in an overpayment.

My question is how can this be possible - I thought the order my attorney who is deceased sent the 30% for pension, which she did and the other was child support which didnt start thru the Indiana Child support division until 1999 all that time I thought I was getting a pension - what should I do - what steps need to be taken and what are the ramifications - I have worked 3 jobs most of my life just to support my children, now they are raised and I am middle age and I would have to pay him back. This doesnt seem fair


Senior Member
You're going to have to hire an attorney. If you owe him, you owe him, if not then not. Your question is too complicated for a free website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential