• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM
I live in NM, and my ex-husband and I have been divorced in August, 2007. The divorce decree stated there was no child support to be paid by either parent (1 child). He has now filed a case for me to pay child support to him. He has been unemployed for over 3 years, and has never made a conscious attempt to find a job, while I worked uninterruptedly.
Moreover, in his motion he has stated that I "haven't met the criteria for shared responsibility". I have not missed a single week-end with my daughter and provide her with all she requires while with me. Current arrangement, due to my work schedule constraints is she stays with him Mo-Fri afternoon, and with me the rest of the time including all school breaks.
What can I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential