• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TMG1921

i didn't see this question covered on your list but if i have overlooked it i apologize.

my question is: i live in new york state and i have a child support taken out of my check on a weekly basis. i recently started a second job and now they want to take money out of that check also. is this legal in new york state.

please advise at your convenience.

G

my husband has been child support for the last two years,recently his amount has gone up as when we filed a modification form they saw that the two carpayments of$655.00 a month was the reason we were expercing financial hardship not because of the child support. my husband's support amount now is $289.00 every two-weeks in six months they will do a review to see if that is good enough. they also get his tax returns every year seems to me they are getting rich off of the public who are trying to make ends meet. sincerly, what to do guest.renton wa

G

to gentleman in new york child support

in regards to your question can child support take from second job yes as long as the debt exist they can collect. try under the table job where cash is being paided. or ask child support for a modification on back support and current support. also another tip incase you did not know there maybe a lein against a title meaning you cannot own any real estate proterty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">