• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support/Self Resourse Test/ Working part time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr. Smith62

Maybe this has been ask before, maybe not. Please keep in mind that the ssa and ssi terms are always confusing to me. Hopefully you good people will know what I mean. Anyway...

Their are 2 counties I pay 15% of my SSA to. I was told by my SSI advocate to obtain what I think is called a Self Resource Test form. Very simple to do, but it sure is kept a tight secret about it. My question is, can I file the same form and pertain it to the wages I earn working part time? Before Social Security, the State would always garnish 50% of my wages.

I hope I explained it all correctly. Thanx for reading.

quincy

Maybe this has been ask before, maybe not. Please keep in mind that the ssa and ssi terms are always confusing to me. Hopefully you good people will know what I mean. Anyway...

Their are 2 counties I pay 15% of my SSA to. I was told by my SSI advocate to obtain what I think is called a Self Resource Test form. Very simple to do, but it sure is kept a tight secret about it. My question is, can I file the same form and pertain it to the wages I earn working part time? Before Social Security, the State would always garnish 50% of my wages.

I hope I explained it all correctly. Thanx for reading.
What is the name of your state?

Janke

I have no idea what a Self Resource Test form is or what you hope to accomplish with it.

You are trying to get out of paying debts you owe that are subject to garnishment? Bankruptcy may be the best choice, but not all debt can be discharged.

Just Blue

I have no idea what a Self Resource Test form is or what you hope to accomplish with it.

You are trying to get out of paying debts you owe that are subject to garnishment? Bankruptcy may be the best choice, but not all debt can be discharged.
Child Support is not dischargeable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">