• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

Procedurally you may need to get the order extended before this school year is up...at least sort out what is required in your state .

Anticipate that whatever collection efforts exists it will be slower than you might hope ...and one cannot squeeze blood out of a stone .

Be sure that the steps are in place such that interest at 8% is being added .

ITs a small point, but you have about another 10 years before your ability to enforce collection terminates under Indianas statute of limitation on arrears

Es2016

Update... I went to family support division and they did say that, of course, Tennessee does not have jurisdiction regarding my order. They made copies of the papers I received and said they will be contacting them and letting them know that they do not have jurisdiction regarding my order and that they cannot stop or suspend child support.
My ex did stop paying support in July but his place of employment was on one of the papers Tennessee had sent me (that's the most info I have ever had on him) and I called the company and verified that he does work there so fsd said they were going to send a wage withholding order to them.
Thank you all for your assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">