• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support VS Custody confusion.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

The attorney was obviously wrong. Go talk to that attorney again.
Whoa, I think that is overstepping a bit Zig. There are people who can't spend the rent, utility and food money on an attorney and the attorney is not "obviously wrong".

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Whoa, I think that is overstepping a bit Zig. There are people who can't spend the rent, utility and food money on an attorney and the attorney is not "obviously wrong".
Overstepping? Not at all. Without an attorney, the OP is running a very high risk of screwing something that is very important to the health and safety of her children.

zddoodah

Not really sure what you expect anyone here to tell you. I doubt that anyone here is a an attorney admitted in Florida and familiar with family law procedure.

To the extent you can get a further consultation with a local attorney, that would be good.

And the suggestion that you listen to an anonymous stranger on the internet over something a local attorney told you might be the most ridiculous thing I've read on one of these boards in years.

That said, while your ex not having a lawyer means you won't necessarily be at a disadvantage if you also don't have one, that he doesn't have one doesn't mean you shouldn't have one. You should at least discuss with an attorney whether there's any chance of the court ordering your ex to pay for your lawyer or the possibility of working out a payment plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">