• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meli2

Ohio , I have a warrant for my arrest for back child support but recently became employed If I report to CSEA that I am working now, will they suspend the warrant? :confused: :( I also have three children at home that I am supporting also.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Ohio , I have a warrant for my arrest for back child support but recently became employed If I report to CSEA that I am working now, will they suspend the warrant? :confused: :( I also have three children at home that I am supporting also.
You have to address your arrearages. Did you avoid court?

meli2

Child Support

I believe arrearages are around 16,000 and It was a seek work appointment I did not report to.

meli2

Purge Contempt?

I am reading a letter where they have lifted a Bench warrant Because I did not purge my contempt. Is there someway I can do that now with my Job?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should contact the child support folks directly - there's no way anyone here would know the answers to your very case and fact dependent questions.

Eekamouse

Those other kids you're supporting at home, are they your bio children, too, or are they no relation to you?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your warrant is not going away without you reporting to court. You screwed up. At that level, you can be charged with Felony Non support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">