• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Pa

My ex filed for Welfare last April and naturally the Welfare Dept came after me for reimbursement. I was ordered to pay$65.00 per week. We have joint physical and legal custody. I don't make alot of money and was having a hard enough time supporting my girls when they were with me much less supporting when they were with her half the week as well. She falsified some information about having full custody and even named her b/f as a child and collected money and food stamps on him. After an exhausting eight months of trying to get someone to pay attention to this, she did not show up for court, the Judge threw out her support order and requested an investigation be done in regards to Welfare Fraud.

Am I entitled to receive my money back since she was fraudently taking money from the state and lied about custody?


Senior Member
Chances are you're going to have to sue her for the money back. There is no gaurantee you will get it though. They could however, put a judgement on her. If you are still paying, I'd see if they can let you stop payments while the investigation is pending or if they will have you stop if they convict her. If they convict her, she should be the one to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential