• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I was receiving AFDC, my child's Father contacted the department to start paying them back the money I had received. He was laid off and unable to make payments. I feel responsible for the money that I received. My question is: How do I going about making myself responsible for the money i received so I could pay them back. Also I received a suit a few years ago, and they took over $10,000. Why was this money not deducted from the amount owed? Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential