• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i am trying to find out how i can garnish my ex-wifes wages for past due and present child support without having to pay a lawyer or go thru the prosucuters office. Also is there a way to get her tax returns garnished.




I don't know about Indiana but I know that MD and VA have what is called the "Office of Child Support Enforcement".

It's located in the distric court and you do not need an attorney to file with them. If she is severely behind, has rung up her arrears and has made no attempts to rectify it they have gone so far as to revoke driver's licenses and even impose jail time. The bail seems to always match the amount of the arrearage. Of course if she is working the first resort is to garnish the wages.

Contact your local district court and find out if there is a similar office. You can even look it up online.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential