• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvmy3girls

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have a question my ex only pays me $145.00 a week for 3 kids..........he makes about 30,000.00 a year I have been told he should be paying more than that big time........how do you determine how much a person pays and should I be getting more

luvmy3girls

thank you so much finally in 5 years someone pointed me in a good direction.........i have look at it and im not getting squat....thank you again

Nice link, critterperson. OP, run the support calculators both in the link and also google some others. Even assessing you at a zero income (Which I'll remind you, NO JUDGE WILL DO - You will be imputed at least an income equivalent of minimum wage since BOTH parents are financially responsible for their children.), he should not be paying you "more than that big time!"

NotSoNew

yeah i ran a VA calculator and with 3 kids, him making 30K a year and you making nothing he would have to pay 191 a week. Thats with no credit for time for seeing his children or anything else (since i dont have that info) So if you work at all 145 sounds right. Its not like 30K is a lot of money a year.

B

betterthanher

luvmy3girls said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have a question my ex only pays me $145.00 a week for 3 kids..........he makes about 30,000.00 a year I have been told he should be paying more than that big time........how do you determine how much a person pays and should I be getting more
I think it's time to brush up on your math skills. Take that weekly amount and multiply it by 52. Then divide that by 12. You've also failed to tell us what kind of parenting plan is involved, if any, and who's paying the insurance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">