• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjbunni

What is the name of your state? new york

what is the law on money judgements? How much time does an entity or person have to file a judgement before the order expire? New York State Law.
Even if it pertained to back child support. Although I paid the back support. Judge instructed custodial parent to file judgement 10 years later! So interest was taggged on after back support was satified

Last edited:

BL

First we need to know some Facts .

What Court instructed the NCP to File the Judgment ?

What was the Date this Judge advised to file a Judgement ?

What Date was the Judgment awarded ?

What Date did you pay the arrears ?

Last edited:

pjbunni

Blonde Lebinese said:

Family Court Administrative Judge
7/2004
01/95
06/04

BL

Originally Posted by Blonde Lebinese

Family Court Administrative Judge
7/2004
01/95
06/04

I'm not understanding this .

What happened on 7/2004 ? Were you in arrears Again ?

If not and you paid up on your arrears 6/04 there would be NO arrears , therefore no reason for the CP to file for a Judgment .

The matter would have been settled .

Last edited:

pjbunni

Blonde Lebinese said:
I'm not understanding this .

What happened on 7/2004 ? Were you in arrears Again ?

If not and you paid up on your arrears 6/04 there would be NO arrears , therefore no reason for the CP to file for a Judgment .

The matter would have been settled .
there was a total of 7500.00 cs arrears in 1995, my ex had not file the judgement at county court. I had paid the arrears down to about 1200.00 or less by 04/04, at that time I petitioned the court to stop taking cs out my check because my daughter had turned 21. The admin judge, for whatever reason, sent my ex a letter saying she could file the judgement that was ordered in 1995 at county court and at that time I was charged 9% interest on the original 7500.00 for about 9 years, adding another 4,000.00 to the 1200.00 balance. My question is, Can this be done?

BL

pjbunni said:
there was a total of 7500.00 cs arrears in 1995, my ex had not file the judgement at county court. I had paid the arrears down to about 1200.00 or less by 04/04, at that time I petitioned the court to stop taking cs out my check because my daughter had turned 21. The admin judge, for whatever reason, sent my ex a letter saying she could file the judgement that was ordered in 1995 at county court and at that time I was charged 9% interest on the original 7500.00 for about 9 years, adding another 4,000.00 to the 1200.00 balance. My question is, Can this be done?
Even if it pertained to back child support. Although I paid the back support. Judge instructed custodial parent to file judgement 10 years later! So interest was taggged on after back support was satified
( from your first post )

Ok I'm done pulling teeth .

I do not know what was ordered when you filed to have CS ceased from being garnished from you pay .

Apparently what was ever Ordered , the Judge advised Her to file the Order as a Judgment .

Apparently this was done , and yes it is Legal .

Why the interest was tacked on from 1995 I have no Idea .

Maybe you need to go down to the County Clerks to Prove the Debt was Partially satisfied , then take the matter to small claims Court .

Anyway you had 30 days to object to the Order in /04. It would have been reviewed by a Family Court Judge .

I can not help you any further ....

pjbunni

Blonde Lebinese said:
( from your first post )

Ok I'm done pulling teeth .

I do not know what was ordered when you filed to have CS ceased from being garnished from you pay .

Apparently what was ever Ordered , the Judge advised Her to file the Order as a Judgment .

Apparently this was done , and yes it is Legal .

Why the interest was tacked on from 1995 I have no Idea .

Maybe you need to go down to the County Clerks to Prove the Debt was Partially satisfied , then take the matter to small claims Court .

Anyway you had 30 days to object to the Order in /04. It would have been reviewed by a Family Court Judge .

I can not help you any further ....
thanks so much for the help!
By the way the garnishment was removed for the cs. I'll follow-up in small claims, obviously there's no statue of limitations on Judgement orders in NYS

thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">