• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? VA

I would like to know if anyone can help me with a couple of questions about my child support order.

1. My ex husband was ordered to pay $65.00 a month for two children in Aug 02. It was to be paid by the 15th of each month.

2. My ex paid one payment of $65 and then one payment of $50 with a stamp for some pictures of the kids.

I have total physical and legal custody with visitation upon my agreement only.

Here is my question?
I was told if payments did not come on the 15th of each month there was a 9% interest that got added. Can you tell me how this is done? Is it like say with the first $65 late add9% then the next months $65 is late, that makes total late $130 then add 9% and so on.

I don't know if I have asked this right or not.
But the order was made in August 2002, and after the $115 the ex never sent anything, called everyonce in a while drunk cussing and with threats to kill us. This is why I have not went back into court yet. I really don't want the contact, but in the future wanted to know if I can file for my kids backpay from him. The kids are 7 and 5 years old

Thanks so much for any advice you might give.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">