• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



state of new york.my boyfriend has a child with another woman.she has been on welfare for the five years of the chlds life. the state has taken the child from her and he is in foster care.my boyfriend is the only one paying support plus 100% of all medical bills.i cant understand why she doesn't have to pay anything when the child belongs to both of them.is there any way to change this?


Senior Member
Let's put aside all of this "money" that your boyfriend is paying and look at the true issue here....This 5 yr old child has been taken from his Mother and placed in foster care....Why is your husband bitching about supporting this child? Why isn't he trying to give this child a home? I see that as the real issue/problem here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential