• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


aggravated mom

I am trying to figure out exactly how far behind I am in my support. This is how the court order reads.

Court further ORDERS -------- pay child support to ------- in the sum of $75.oo from November 3, 1996 through and including today's date. (Which is dated September 4, 1997. Court ORDERS the father's delinquent child support obligation be credited against the mother's obligation to pay support as above set forth.

Court ORDERS commencing Friday, September 11,1997 and each Friday thereafter ------- pay to the ------ County Clerk, P. O.----- -------- Indiana for remittance to ------ the sum of $30.00 per week for the care and custody of the minor child until further order this court.

Now my question is the $75 dollars is that a one time amount or is that suppose to be per week. I am reading it to say it is a one time amount. My son's father is reading it as $75 a week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential