• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in pennsylvania and i wanted to know if you are paying child support and a child comes of age does the domestic relations automatically take he/she off or is there something i have to do? i am paying for two and one has been out of school for two years and the other will be out in 2002,but i am still paying the same amount.what can i do?



what do i do?

first you need to provide the information such as your case number,the child that has reachd majority,which varies from state to state,anywheres from 18 years,thru 21,sometimes longer,it depends on if the child is still in school,such as college.give them all of the info that they require,these agencies have backlogs of cases,and to look for cases that may be ending,usually is nit on their top priority list,you should always,when the child reaches majority,or marries,in some states.to give that information to the child-support division,perferrably in person,so that you know the person that you spoke with.there has been cases when the parent continued paying the child-support,way pass the periods that they are required ,and unfortuantly they are not re-embersed for the over payment.good-luck,friend.not an attorney,please seek one in your home state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential