• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in pennsylvania and i would like to know what the new guidelines for child support are.is there a chart and how would i get one? i called to see about getting my support lowered because of a child graduating and going to the service and domestic relations told me i better talk to my lawyer because the guidelines have changed and it could go up.2 children - one



what is?where do i get?

states guidlines in determining the amount of child-support varies among the states,some states use a calculation chart such as rent,utilities,food,clothing,insurance,entertainment,and gasoline,and any other amounts that they may determine.most states require a person paying child-support to pay untill the child reaches majority,18 in some states,21 in others,or in between.if the child is emancipated,by reaching the age of majority,you may still be rquired to pay the child-support if the child continues their education.even beyond the age of emancipation.some states have online access to their sites regarding child-support.type in as an example---alabama government,it will then if the site is availiable,take you to all the urls that are associated to your state government,then if you find one regarding child-support click on it,if the site has an option,or you may decide to try it type in your county in which you live,then if you reach the site,look for any urls that are in relation to guidlines,or payments,or anything that may be related to calculations etc.note once your there,it may be a good idea to save the site in your favorite web folder,or the like,itll save you alot of trouble trying to reach the site,if you need any more info.you may also be allowed a judge to reveiw your case in special situations,and the judge may assign a child-support payment lower that the electronic online calculations,you will need both parties income,to find out the basic calculations.if you have a change in your finances,you may petition the court to ask for a reveiw to modify the child-support,but you must show proof of diffulculties in paying the amounts orderd,it may be a good idea to ask for a supeona of your ex wifes recent income,i knew of a case where the father had been paying 4000 a month,after 6500 of lawers fees,and court costs,and still loseing,he discoverd my researching that he had a better chance in court without a lawer.and he had his wifes income supeona,from her employer,as he found out that she was working two jobs,and the second one made her more money than the first,and of course she did not report it,though it is required that any changes from either spouses income be reported.his child-support payment droped to 400 a month afterwards,all in all,even if she is found that she faild to report her income,it is nearly impossible to have any of the monies refunded to you,or the arrearages to reflect any changes.it is indeed so bias,the voice of the people must stand togeather to have a true uniform set of laws regarding these child-support cases,i am not an attorney,please consult with one in your home state.good luck-friend

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential