• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband left on Mar 26 2001 and has not paid any child support yet. Do I get a court order next?



do i file?

you should go to your local d.s.s. office,and file for child-support,if you have custody,legally by court order,if not get custody first,then they will send the complaint to your husband,for negotiations,and paternity establishment,note durring these proceedings the court may set retroactive child-support,and if your husband is found to be the responsible party,he will be required to pay the arrearages,and court costs,as well as intrests,if the court finds you indignant to pay for the proceedings,they may make him pay all of the amounts owed,depends on his financial situation,if he cannot pay it all,then they will add a percentage of the arrearages to his child-support payments.note if you receive any government payments,such as food stamps,or any other financially supported government program,they may make him reimburse to the state those benefits paid to you.also note,that the enforcements given to your husband are extreme prejudice,i say this because,he can lose his drivers license,any vehicles,proprties,stocks,bonds,rental receipts,incarceration,etc.good-luck,ps.i am not an attorney you should consult with one in your area,and home state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential