• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in pa. i've been collecting child support for about 5 yrs. my son who is 17 thinks all supoport money should go directly to him! he says he can sue me for all support money
is this true?



of course not/ child support is for the parent to support the child in their best interest. Be stron w/ your son. He still needs that. Of course, I am not a lawyer, just a loving parent who understands the needs of children. Don't let your son intimidate you.


No, no no. The support is for the parent, to reimburse in a way of the costs of the child. the parent who is collecting has a right to do whatever they see fit. if your son has a problem with money, and would like some, have him call the support payer and ask for money directly.
This is obsurd however, and when you file for child support, the parent is rewarded the order, not the child.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential