• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



recently my ex-husband has passed away and our two children wish to remain in the same school so their grandparents will have custody.
i was paying the state of alabama child support when my ex was alive but now that he is dead the state of ohio will collect my support payments.
my question is this,the grandparents say they can ask alabama to forgive the arrears that i owe to alabama. canthey do that?




It's a good possibility. But to be sure, I'd contact a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential