• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PUDDY

I'm live in Louisiana. I have 1 daughter, 15 years old. The current divorce papers state that my daughter will live with me for 1 week and with her father for 1 week. On or about the end of April, she decided that she wanted to live with her dad full time. The papers were adjusted to accomidate the 7/7 living and have not been changed since her decision. She made the decision on her own that she wants to live with her dad full time. We agreed that he would pay me twice a month on the 1st and the 15th. The last child support payment I received was May 1, 2001. My question is: since the papers were not changed to reflect her decision, does he still owe me support that he hasn't paid me? I know that when the papers changed, I will have to pay child support to him. I'll deal with that when the time comes. Any answers would be of great help. I haven't asked him for any money. I wanted to find out before I presented it to him.
Thank you.

LegalBeagle

PUDDY said:
I'm live in Louisiana. I have 1 daughter, 15 years old. The current divorce papers state that my daughter will live with me for 1 week and with her father for 1 week. On or about the end of April, she decided that she wanted to live with her dad full time. The papers were adjusted to accomidate the 7/7 living and have not been changed since her decision. She made the decision on her own that she wants to live with her dad full time. We agreed that he would pay me twice a month on the 1st and the 15th. The last child support payment I received was May 1, 2001. My question is: since the papers were not changed to reflect her decision, does he still owe me support that he hasn't paid me? I know that when the papers changed, I will have to pay child support to him. I'll deal with that when the time comes. Any answers would be of great help. I haven't asked him for any money. I wanted to find out before I presented it to him.
Thank you.
Only a court order can cancel a court order. Therefore, he is still responsible to pay CS until a new order comes into effect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">