• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eekamouse

I could care less about the money. The house is clean and will stay that way. The judge said if keep it clean,we get all the children back at the next court date. It also states this in the court documents
They took all of the children? Who took custody of the children who actually are yours biologically?

Shay1978

Her mother has been pressing to get us in trouble for awhile,due to a fight they had. Dhs and cps have repeatedly been to our house due to her calling in on us.

Shay1978

There was trash outside our house too and the judge said it was an environmental hazard. She placed the other children with my cousin for temp. Custody

Eekamouse

There was trash outside our house too and the judge said it was an environmental hazard. She placed the other children with my cousin for temp. Custody
How long ago were the children taken? Did the probation officer and the CPS come take pictures the same day that you were in court? If CPS has been to your house on other occasions and didn't take the children due to the living conditions, why did the judge order it? Something is not adding up here.

Shay1978

I agree 100 percent it does not add up. Like I said the 13yr old had gotten into trouble at school for bringing alcohol,we were in court for him,then the whole thing got turned around on us when my wife's mother and stepfather and the 13yr olds biological father father knocked us down and said we were bad parents,beat our kids,were drug addicts and our house was a mess. Then the pictures were taken and the judge put the 13 yr old in temp custody with his father and the other children went with my cousin or they could have went into foster care if I did not have a close relative to take them

Shay1978

We passed the drug test they gave us,questioned our children if they had been beaten or if they had gotten enough to eat,all they had us on was a messy house and trash outside outside our home

LdiJ

YOU don't have a dog in this fight. The child isn't and never was yours to begin with.
I am sorry but he does have a "dog in this fight" because he is the child's legal father. His paternity has not been disestablished.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You know, what OP hasn't realized yet is that if anything, his wife could now be on the hook for child support.

His wife could have pursued child support years ago, or a step-parent adoption, Because she did neither of these things, she is not entitled to back child support, and the biological father is still apparently the legal father and has parental rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">