• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation - abaitment being filed??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

atwitsend

What is the name of your state? Texas
My Son has filed Modification papers to see his daughter without supervised visits (something the mother insisted on). He has respected this request, pays all child support on time and Ins etc... since he has filed the modification because the mother let him see his daughter for 2 months without supervision ( for her convience) she has stopped this again - and has gone back to supervised and he has respected this wish too. He is trying very hard so his daughter (2yrs) will not be traumtized by these emotional acts of the mother. Now because the modification has been postponed twice due to presiding judge not being in court - the mothers lawyer (whom her Dad is paying and getting tired of ) wants to file an abaitment so that my Son cannot file any more modifications nor see his daughter before he pays off her attorney fees. I have never heard of such a thing - is there SUCH a Thing?! Can they really stop modification for for over night stays and visitation with the dad because of attorney fees? Sounds crazy to me, but then I'm not an lawyer and I do understand wanting to be payed. The father of the mother of my grandaughter is tired of paying $500.00 a pop for this lawyer everytime my Son has to file a modification - I believe they just want him to disappear which is not going to happen - so what about this abaitment thing is it real?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect

If the judge finds that he's constantly filing modifications, or decides they're frivolous - the judge could very well make any ruling s/he desires.....

A

atwitsend

Only filed one Modification and it keeps being postponed

Hi Mary
Thanks for responding. I don't think I made myself clear - its the ONLY Modification he has filed and it has been Postponed Twice due to Presiding Judge not being there for whatever reason - I was there the last time it was postponed and the other side was how should I say estatic about it. However, the Mother of the Child has been having HER Dad pickup the tab and they are trying to find away to stop my Son from seeing the Judge at all because its costing them a bunch everytime their lawyer has to show up - so the lawyer has come up with this abaitment motion. They would prefer he disappear ALL he wants his to see his daughter unsupervised by the childs mother. Yes , she wants to be there. I believe her emotions have gotten in the way of what is best for the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">