• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ericawood

I am in Mississippi.

My husband deployed and he went to court so I Could take over his visitation while he was gone, the standard Farese visitation schedules. An order is in place. Since he has been gone, Mom has been arrested briefly on assault charges. She has filed at least one Domestic Abuse Protection order, prohibiting Husband from coming to home within 30 days. Apparently they have worked things out. Nine days ago she has moved to Alaska to be a traveling LPN. Mom did not tell Dad and refuses to say who his daughter (9) will be staying with. Just picked my step daughter up for my visitation and step dads mom was at the home. Apparently, step dad has also went to Alaska and they have left all of their children with grandma. My step daughter says she has been sleeping in a bed with her step grandma, her 13 year old step sister, her 4 year old brother, and a dog. My Step daughter said she is stuck at the foot of the bed. My husband has found a lawyer, but my appointment isn’t until Monday and we haven’t paid the retainer yet. I do not know if I should keep her and take her to school myself. Mom and step dad won’t return any text messages. I do not want to drop her off with a woman that doesn’t have my Step daughter best interest in mind. Grandma could watch the children in their home instead of having them all share a bed with her. I am desperate for help. Please anyone.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">