• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? ca.checking my divorce decree from the state of utah regarding my daughter who just turned 15 today,it lists my visitation as reasonable visitation.my daughter always comes to visit my mother/her grandma during the summer and she is keeping her from she and i celebrating our bdays together.what can i do?


Senior Member
You probably already know this, but....

reasonable visitation usually means CP can do whatever they want-
not clear on some things in your post-
I am assuming you are saying the mother won't let daughter visit? Have you talked to mother or the child about this? What might the reasons be? Is it possible to go see her?
You could possibly go back to court and ask for specific visitation times as apposed to "reasonable" but be prepared for daughter to voice an opinion about this since at 15, her wishes may be considered. It may take a lot of time and money, so I suggest trying to work this out with mom-maybe shorten visitation to a couple of weeks instead of whole summer (if that is the case) or maybe going to see her, instead.
If nothing else, maybe you can arrange for visitation during a different time and maybe celebrate your birthdays together then? My hubby never sees his kids on their birthdays but has celebrated, on different occasions, when he sees them-turns out to be fun for them since they then had 2 birthday celebrations in one year-
(just some suggestions, not a lawyer)
good luck:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential