• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chemicalhero

In the state of Kentucky I have a divorce agreement that was signed by all parties, giving joint custody, at the end of the year stating the father is allowed visitations on every sunday only. He told my child behind my back that he is picking him up from daycare on thursday. I am not allowing him to but he said he will do it anyway. Can he do this? And if he does is that a criminal act? How much clout does the divorce agreement hold in this situation and should I get a protective order if he starts making threats because I did not allow him to pick up his child? HELP

Neal1421

chemicalhero said:
In the state of Kentucky I have a divorce agreement that was signed by all parties, giving joint custody, at the end of the year stating the father is allowed visitations on every sunday only. He told my child behind my back that he is picking him up from daycare on thursday. I am not allowing him to but he said he will do it anyway. Can he do this? And if he does is that a criminal act? How much clout does the divorce agreement hold in this situation and should I get a protective order if he starts making threats because I did not allow him to pick up his child? HELP
How old is the child? Are you absolutly sure that this was said? Kids make things up all the time. Trust me, I know.

Neal1421

chemicalhero said:
Child is 5 years old and yes the father told me he was going to pick him up regardless of what i say
You can't do anything until he has actually done something, other than tell the daycare that he is not to pick the child up unless specified by you. Usually, they do not like to get involved in these issues but it is worth a try.

If he makes threats of physical harm to you, then yes you should file a protective order.

chemicalhero

Ok but if he takes the child on a day that he is not court ordered to have without permission are there legal or criminal ramifications he will face?

casa

chemicalhero said:
Ok but if he takes the child on a day that he is not court ordered to have without permission are there legal or criminal ramifications he will face?
Provide the care provider with a copy of the court order...and make sure he is not on the list of people who are allowed to pick up the child. It's dependent upon the individual care provider & their policy- call them and ask what their procedure/policy is.

If he does pick him up, you can file for contempt of court order ...which will likely only end up with a warning from the judge- but still enough to possibly encourage Dad to follow the order.

Why does Dad only have 1 day a week visitation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">