• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in wisconsin, but my daughter lives with her mother in illinois. my daughter was born in illinois (cook county) and the court proceeding are taking place in illinois. the mother and i were never married and had only a month long relationship. my daughter is almost 8 months old. we don't have a court order at this time regarding child support or visitation. i want to visit my daughter, but her mother's attorney will not allow visitation until there is a court order. the mother originally said i could have visitation as long as i gave 7 days notice. i pay child support, even though there is no court order yet, because it's the right thing to do. what recourse do i have to be able to visit with my daughter, and do i have to give 7 days notice? a court date is still pending, which would determine the provisions in the court order. i'm confused about all of this and feel i should be able to visit my daughter, especially since i've been paying the support amount requested by the mother's attorney. thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential