• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child wants to change homes.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsrjrtr

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?West Virginia
My boyfriend has three sons who reside with their mother. They have schedule A visitation. The oldest, who is 15 1/2, wants to live with his dad. His mother makes him take care of her younger children all the time. The children are 13,11,8,4,2,4months. Six of them in all. The son is responsible for their bathing and feeding and he also cleans the house. His mom needs 3 hours of "me time" a day. The mother pulled him out of school four years ago and is home schooling him. The mother corrects all if his work and has him redo it before turning it in so he passes. This past wednesday, the son broke and attacked his mother physically. I was wanting to know if the child can go to his dads on visitation, stay with his dad and just not go home? Could his father be arrested or charged with anything, such as kidnapping, for keeping the son?

Last edited:

rsrjrtr said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?West Virginia
My boyfriend has three sons who reside with their mother. They have schedule A visitation. The oldest, who is 15 1/2, wants to live with his dad. His mother makes him take care of her younger children all the time. The children are 13,11,8,4,2,4months. Six of them in all. He is responsible for their bathing and feeding and he also cleans the house. She needs 3 hours of "me time" a day. She pulled him out of school four years ago and is home schooling him. She corrects all if his work and has him redo it before turning it in so he passes. This past wednesday, he broke and attacked her physically. I was wanting to know if he can go to his dads on visitation and just not go home? Could his father be arrested or charged with anything?
Im surprised he hasn't been arrested yet. there would have to be a change in custody. But if the mother is willing to let him to go to his dads on visitation it should be alright.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">